Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,954   Online: 956

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha that is awesome. Hands down best use of color pencils when not drawing with em! It's looking good!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven L View Post
    You can't make him stop doing this. The only thing you can do to get in his way is by making a better product that sells better than his.
    Trying to stop him would be bad, but making fun of him is fair game. Sure, he's within his rights to do this, and people are within their rights to pay if they want. However, it remains pretentious twaddle to pretend that cheap camera + CLA + a bit of veneer = precious object. And we are within our rights to say so.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    I just got in from the auction site an Argus 21 that really needs a re-covering. The existing leatherette is peeling badly, but in unbroken pieces, so cutting templates shouldn't be too difficult. I just might redo it in veneer just for the heck of it.
    I suggest leaving about 1mm on all sides of the teplates. Leather is a bit stretchable and wood isn't. After the slightly larger veneer is cut, you can test fit it on the camera and cut off the rest. Good luck and have fun with the redo.

The pencil-rubberband glueing technique is not pattented. You're alowed to use it if you want.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anyone noticed their ratings? According to their condition guide either the shutter isn't 100% accurate or the light meter isn't working. So what does cla mean to them?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Finished the camera body! I have removed the lettering on the camera with nail remover. Bad choise, the plastic is damaged. I'm going to cover it up with custom lettering. Have to think of a name.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hermes editions are the über special/limited editions, and priced accordingly. Some are actually quite nice, others less so - but all very expensive.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin