Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,058   Online: 972

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica Electro 35 Battery Cap Compatibility

Just purchased an Electro 35 CC but it comes without the battery cap. Does anyone know if the battery cap from a GSN would fit the CC?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nope, won't fit, completely different design.

35 CC (back)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc_back.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	52178

35 GSN (bottom)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsn_bottom.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	52179

The CC battery cap is a plastic bayonet. Other Yashicas that I know of are metal screw (GSN) or sliding plastic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi sandermarijn - I'm based in India. Do you think this cap is something I could get made? Alternatively, do you know anywhere where I could source one of these?

I don't yet have the CC in my possession so I'm not familiar with the cap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Regrettably I no longer own a CC, therefore I cannot show you a close-up of the battery cap. From memory: it's a plastic cover with a metal strip/bar underneath that connects either the plus or the minus (don't remember how the battery goes in) of the battery to two locations (180 degrees apart) on the rim of the hole that the battery goes into.

It should be easy to come up with something (a metal strip or some conductive foil) that closes the electric loop. Then you will have construct some kind of (non-conductive) cover to seal the hole.

You being in Incredible India should not have any problem (?) finding somebody who can concoct something for you if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

Good luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hehe, yeah, that's what I figured. That's why I mentioned I was in India - someone somewhere will be able to make something for me

Shooter
    35mm
    sandermarijn - since you have both cameras could you confirm for me whether the batteries are the same?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I had both, sold them just last month.

The batteries are not the same. CC uses a silveroxide 4SR44, GSN uses the banned mercury PX32. No fussing about for your CC then .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin