Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,870   Online: 958

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

FED 1 and Leitz Lens

I bought an FED 1 from Ukraine , Can I use Leitz Lens on it ? I am sorry for FED 2 title.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 06-12-2012 at 03:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: FED 1 not 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica lenses will fit fine on your Fed. The question is....would you want to put a Leica lens on a Fed!?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They will physically fit, but here is something about the focusing that is off. There are a lot of threads about this over on the rangefinder forum FSU area. A lot of people wanted to put the Jupiter 3 Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 copy on their Leicas and there is an issue with lens FFD shimming and rangefinder accuracy. There are some terrific FSU lenses out there, and they are made to work with the FSU bodies, maybe stick with that? Of course once you get your FED 1 you should screw in your Leitz lens and take some pics. Maybe it will be fine.

I have a pile of FSU stuff. If I had bought old servicable Leica gear I would probably have the same amount of money laid out on gear but it would work really well. But it wouldn't have been as much fun as mucking with the old FSU stuff.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

leica lenses on FED1

The FED/Zorki rangefinder following device is a curved wedge which can catch on some of the rangefinder cams if the lens is not extended to its closest focus position when you are screwing it onto the camera body. I have had to put the empty camera on 'B' occasionally and hold the wedge back with a finger to mount my 135 Nikkor.

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin