Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,101   Online: 866

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 7 NPC Polaroid back question

I recently got my hands on a polaroid back for the Mamiya 7. Its in really good shape, especially the glass/fiberoptic panel. The one thing Im concerned about is that the panel seems to have wiggle room, it shifts side to side and up/down a small amount, but my bigger concern is it moves in and out.

When i tried to google to see if anyone else had this problem I kept reading that the panel is a "free-floating" glass panel, and this is where I got really confused.

So I guess what Im asking is if anyone knows if this is normal, that the panel moves in and out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi
    its normal.
    the film will hold it in place.
    ori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed, normal. I had one, mine was like that too. The pressure of the film and the camera keep it in direct contact with both. Be careful of the glass panel. It's quite prone to chipping, particularly on the edges/corners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome, glad nothing is wrong. I already put it away in a pelican case for safe keeping for the time being until I use the roll in my M7 right now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin