Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,395   Online: 1032

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am halfway through repairing my POD without Jon's instructions. I'm just improvising. I have been painstakingly scraping out the old pad with an X-Acto knife. It is so decayed that it is coming out as globs of sticky glop, and what remaining intact pieces there be are no larger than sand grains. Interestingly, the total volume of this rubbish looks nowhere close to 5mm x 3mm x 2mm (i.e., the size of the new pad I've already cut), which makes me wonder where the rest of it went. Did it evaporate, or lose volume as it rotted, or ... my worst fear ... fall in bits into the bowels of the camera?
    --Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I purchased a couple of light seal kits from Jon. They come with his instructions for the pad replacement. 100% satisfied here. Since his instructions for the Pad replacement are his work, I will not post them. However, it is an easier route than I have seen on the web sites I have visited. To be fair, I have not visited every web site out there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks...if anybody here needs or wants the pad of death instructions, please send me an email to jon_goodman@yahoo.com. I am happy to send them in an MS-Word file. When you remove the old pad, you may notice there is very little of it left. This is not uncommon. The old pad just wears down. I am happy to help anyone repair this problem.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    My Electro finally bit the dust. I need this pad kit & instructions. I'll send Jon an email.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    His kit is easy enough, and affordable enough, that it has crossed my mind to start buying Electro 35s to give out to kids wanting to get started in film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin