Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,117   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica Rangefinders...

Is it just me or are the Yashica Rangefinder Cameras really sexy? They look so good. Every time I see one I want to hold it.

How do they handle? Any experiences out there?
    Reliable?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Is it just me or are the Yashica Rangefinder Cameras really sexy? They look so good. Every time I see one I want to hold it.

How do they handle? Any experiences out there?
    Reliable?
    No, it's not just you, they are sexy as hell! My favorite (so far :P) is the Lynx 5000, 45mm 1.8 lens, it's a fantastic low-light street shooter. Not that I've had a chance to do much street photography over the past couple years, but when I lived closer and spent a lot more time in the city it was my everyday carrier. I love how quiet they are (I guess as you'd expect from most manual rangefinders). I haven't been able to find a battery for mine for about 5 years, I haven't bothered since sunny16 and a good guess work well enough for what I use this camera for, but when the meter was working, I really loved the meter display on the top of the body, it meant I could shoot from the hip, AND know my exposures were spot on.

Sexy, sexy cameras. One day I'll find a 14E at the right price to add to the collection.

What do you have?

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is something about them. I have a Minister D and there is a nice looking MG-1 in a charity shop near me with a £19.50 price tag on it. I don't need it, but....

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yes

I have a Yashica 5000 and Electro Gsn. Both are fun, the 5000 is my favorite.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They're really great. I have all of the Lynxes, the 1000 might be my favorite. I do have an extra cla'd 5000 that I put up for sale last month. If you are interested, PM me.
    Last edited by Chrismat; 07-19-2012 at 05:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    There is something about them. I have a Minister D and there is a nice looking MG-1 in a charity shop near me with a £19.50 price tag on it. I don't need it, but....

Steve.
    I have a 1958/60 vintage Yashica 35 RF with the f1.7 (?) lens. £15 IIRC at a car boot sale a couple of years ago. Excellent condition, very quiet and a fine lens. The grease has gone a bit thick in the focussing thread, so focussing can be a time-consuming operation!

Steve - The foam arrived today. Very useful, thanks and much appreciated. Tacking a note on here in case you don't check for private postings (as I'm guilty of doing!)

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Electro

I've read many threads about each camera and having used them both, I favor the 5000 over the Electro. The 5000 just seems solid. As a result, I don't need the Electro and will be selling soon. Too many cameras to use isn't necessarily a good thing for me. Both cameras are well worth the cost < $30.00. - Sean
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    35mm
    I love my Lynx 5000e! I used to have an Electro 35 but I prefer manual settings. The Lynx set me back $25 and an hour of cleanup. I use my Yashica for street photography, it's just a great camera.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Electro is my street photography camera, the one that lives under the seat of my car for those times when most people go, "Oh, I wish I had a camera!" I agree with you, there's nothing quite like these little things...

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had the GSN, MG-1, but now down to a Lynx 5000e which is my favorite and a EE which is in need of a CLA. Never had one I didn't like.
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin