Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,115   Online: 926

Thread: Rare(?) camera

Shooter
    35mm

Rare(?) camera

Has anyone ever seen or used a Japanese camera called 'Honor'. I saw one about 40 years back and lusted after it, but just could not afford it at the time (Young family) I then saw another about 20 years ago but it was broken internally. Basically it was a cloned rangefinder type taking Leica Screw thread lenses and looked like a true classic. There was a standard fixed viewfinder with a bright-line inside and shutter speeds 1 sec to 1/1000. The shutter and winder (lever) as I remember it was silky smooth and almost as quiet as a real Leica.

I have never seen another since and was wondering how rare they are and what happened to the brand.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Look up a place online called Japan Camera Hunter - he's a Brit specializing in sourcing and selling all kinds of cameras in Japan. I've dealt with him and he's solid - really knows his stuff. It's the best bet, I reckon.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might try this article?

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Honor_S1

but from your description it sounds like you're interested in the SL?

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Honor_SL
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Look up a place online called Japan Camera Hunter - he's a Brit specializing in sourcing and selling all kinds of cameras in Japan. I've dealt with him and he's solid - really knows his stuff. It's the best bet, I reckon.
    I used his service to get a Bessaflex, which I could not get in the UK, he was quick and effective.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Whoa, want that Honor SL, real clean looking
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin