Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,564   Posts: 1,621,809   Online: 748

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will chime in my recommendation for Gerry at Kindermann in Toronto. Though not inexpensive, the work and turn-around-times are very professional. I have used Kindermann for CLAs on both my Leica M bodies and M-mount glass.
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." W. Durant

flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    I just had my lens CLA'd by Youxin and it came back badly scratched.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicafx View Post
    I just had my lens CLA'd by Youxin and it came back badly scratched.
    There's got to be be more to that story. And did you join APUG only 8 hours ago just to share that??
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lens cleaning services: Youxin, DAG, Sherry, John van Stelton

I've gotten user M3 and M2 bodies and a IIIF body from Youxin - all have worked perfectly. I also purchased from him a fully cleaned and restored old 35/3.5 Elmar from him that is pristine and beautiful and for a very reasonable price. I'd use him again in a heartbeat. That said DAG did a CLA on an old 50/1.5 Summarit for me very well done and Sherry CLA'd a Leica CL body for me and included a very informative and interesting 45 min phone call too. She's wonderful.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I started with Yoxin with a Leica IIIC CLA and shutter repair. It didn't work, I had to send it back. After that, I sent a Leica IID to DAG for the same type of job. It came back smooth, quiet, and in perfect condition. Then I tried DAG on a LTM lens, it was again a good experience. Then a couple harder lenses. Same. Last week I sent him a rare Cook C-mount. I expect the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Youxin did my father's IIIF RDST CLA. 90mm was a almost gonner, hardly had any sunlight through it for decades. He did the best he could, its now a nice soft focus low contrast portrait lens. The 50mm Elmar came back pristine. He also recovered the body.

He also did my M2 CLA and recover. Great work.

Sherry did my three M lenses, 35, 50 and 90. I did not want to buy a new element for the 50mm it has some haze, but still works well when there is no flair from the sun. It was a mess when I got it. Sherry did her best on it.

KEH did a seperate M2, 12 years ago. They patched the broken off leather for free and did a fine job with the CLA.

So buying iffy lenses with hope of saving them is a crap shoot. Although some clean up real well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just got back my Cooke from DAG. It had bad fungus, and I was worried about the coatings. It came back looking new. DAG even relettered the black engraving. He has never been stumped, I've used him about 6 times. He is not self-taught, he was taught in Germany by Leica, I believe. It shows.
    Last edited by goamules; 02-04-2015 at 08:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin