Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,852   Online: 740

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    It's MINTY.....but the lens is cloudy, not sure if it's the front or inside. Can I use standard glass cleaner on it?

The camera on the right came from the same shop a few months back, it's off to Mark Hama for a CLA and parallax adjustment soon.
    Why risk messing it up. Let Mark take care of cleaning the lens.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The other camera is even better. I have one. It's a Yashica Lynx 14 e IC. Mine works perfectly. I use it for street photography all the time.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah the 14e is the shizzle pizzle

Checked the shutter speeds, 50, 100 and 200 are spot on. 25 is iffy, enough to affect exposure and 10 is no-go. B and T are fine thats all I care about. I never shoot less than 50th anyway, anything less than that is on a tripod.

about to put in the test roll, should have results this weekend.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll bet dollars to doughnuts you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us know how it works out. It might need a CLA if I recall correctly the film turning the sprocket wheel is what actually cocks the shutter and mine were very stiff and hard to turn until they had been worked over. It has been several years since I had messed with mine, guess now I'm going to have to run a few rolls through them when I did last use one was before I knew about the manual's sight (or APUG for that matter)
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one of those 35 rangefinders with case. It is in mint condition and still works just fine. This thread prompted me to get it out and play around with it.

Thanks for the memory.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In case you ever remove the top deck... Leave the WIND knob on deck - the "one-way-wind" mechanism is a difficult re-assembly job that you can avoid, simply by leaving the knob on-deck as you lift the top deck.

Amazing how many heads got cut off on two rolls I just shot with this...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Test roll is in, I figured out how to cock the shutter, it needs film loaded in it.

Halfway through some Gold 200, couple of landscapes, couple of long exposures of Miami skyline at night, the time function is quite useful for this.

So far I'm in love. That Sunny-16 rule has been getting a lot of use though I've been checking it against my Canon 5D d*****l and I've been guessing the exposure correctly within a half-stop. Never had a fully-mechanical camera with no light meter.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good one j-d!

Shooter
    35mm
    That black linkage cover is very unusual. Makes it look quite snazzy. It is a real conversation starter, but I find it a bit hard to use. That spiky little focus wheel really chews up the fingers.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin