Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,961   Online: 984

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Getting back to the camera, one of the ugliest ever. Crude visually and also not that fun to use. I've shot with the rangefinder-less Kodak 35, and that also wasn't fun.

The Signet 35 was a breath of fresh air when it was released. Despite it being a bit small, it's a very nice design with clean lines and very good functionality.

The Kodak 35 RF and Signet 35:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speak for yourself!

The Kodak 35 with RF was my first 35mm camera - I received it as a gift and it served me well until it was replaced by a Retina S1.

I was young, and I learned quite a bit while using it, so it holds a soft spot in my memory.

It stopped working, so I don't have it any more.

It always makes me think of a mini-Medalist.

Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Getting back to the camera, one of the ugliest ever. Crude visually and also not that fun to use. I've shot with the rangefinder-less Kodak 35, and that also wasn't fun.

The Signet 35 was a breath of fresh air when it was released. Despite it being a bit small, it's a very nice design with clean lines and very good functionality.

The Kodak 35 RF and Signet 35:

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Speak for yourself!

The Kodak 35 with RF was my first 35mm camera - I received it as a gift and it served me well until it was replaced by a Retina S1.

I was young, and I learned quite a bit while using it, so it holds a soft spot in my memory.

It stopped working, so I don't have it any more.

It always makes me think of a mini-Medalist.
    Ditto.

I was recently looking at some Kodachromes I made around 1975 with mine, that lens was pretty good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My first SLR was a rebadged Zenit -- the Cosmorex SE. I loved that camera and shot quite a bit of film with it.

I later got rid of it.

Years later, I bought another for $10 or so and was surprised how crude it now felt.

I remember that when I bought the Cosmorex back around 1974 or so, there were some Kodak Retinas in the case. But I had my heart set on a new camera, so I had to have the Cosmorex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back from the dead! I got the lens cleaned up a little better and have it back together, just have to finish the roll in it. Hasn't had a lot of use since all of this went down but I'm glad to have it back together and the cloudiness seems to be mostly gone. Half the roll is exposed with the cloudy lens, the other half is unexposed so ill have some before and after
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally got mine working earlier this year. I really like the quality of the lens.

Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    I finally got mine working earlier this year. I really like the quality of the lens.
    Yes, it's far better than my 14 year old self gave it credit for. One camera I wish I'd kept.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

rebadged Zenit

Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    My first SLR was a rebadged Zenit -- the Cosmorex SE. I loved that camera and shot quite a bit of film with it.

I later got rid of it.

Years later, I bought another for $10 or so and was surprised how crude it now felt.

I remember that when I bought the Cosmorex back around 1974 or so, there were some Kodak Retinas in the case. But I had my heart set on a new camera, so I had to have the Cosmorex.
    Some of the rebadging efforts were... crude: A piece of plastic glued over the Zenit name to hide the nasty communist origin.

I'm sure in real terms the camera cost more to produce than it sold for in the West, but it supplied the USSR with 'hard' currency so they could buy whatever they couldn't make.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Yes, it's far better than my 14 year old self gave it credit for. One camera I wish I'd kept.
    After finally shooting with it, I'm glad I kept it. Unfortunately, I have a a ton of cameras I wished I'd kept...and did!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin