Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,416   Online: 1001

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

1945 Kodak 35RF!!!

Found this poor thing sitting in a camera shop for display purposes.....traded them a busted-up Minolta XE7 with a jammed shutter for it. Winning.

So far I'm certain everything works, I think 1/10 and 1/25 are a bit fast I need to check the shutter speeds tomorrow. It's MINTY.....but the lens is cloudy, not sure if it's the front or inside. Can I use standard glass cleaner on it? Otherwise, I love it. Test roll going in tomorrow if the shutter speeds check out. How do you rewind the film on it once it's all shot up?

The camera on the right came from the same shop a few months back, it's off to Mark Hama for a CLA and parallax adjustment soon. Use it a lot for landscapes, so infinity focus is pretty easy to find. Love the 1.4
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    35mm
    For cleaning lenses, I always use either Isopropyl Alcohol straight out of the bottle onto a soft piece of tissue paper but this will also soak up the natural oils from you fingers and sometimes transfer them to the lens, making it worse than before, so use a surgical glove when using it this way. My preferred way is a concoction of Isopropyl Alcohol 10%, 2% photographic wetting agent (Kodak Fotoflo) and the remaining quantity to make the 100%, distilled water. This is put in a small pump action spectacle cleaner bottle and works every time.
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 08-09-2012 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lift up on the wind knob, it should raise up perhaps 1/8" to 3/16" and latch in the up position (you might have to turn it slightly to get it to latch up) that should unlock the mechanism so that you can rewind the film. When your shooting you do have to push down on the little button beside the wind knob each time you start to advance the film to the next frame. Let go of the button once the knob starts turning or it might not stop when it has advanced one frame. Quirky little camera but fun
    I have a couple of them, they can make some surprisingly sharp vibrant pictures.
    Last edited by brian d; 08-09-2012 at 01:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thing to be careful of - the lens, if coated, may have a very fragile coating. Be very gentle cleaning it.

I had one of these in the early 70s, the Kodachromes I took with it are still around and pretty damn good, for coming from an odd little camera people like to laugh at.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know that I have ever seen one before where the arm on the front was black.

I had one of these too - it was my first 35mm camera. It was probably left with Kodak for repair, and never claimed.

I often wondered whether it was carved out of a single block of metal.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I try to rewind it latches up and only turls like a half turn and doesnt rewind, im afraid to force it i've broken my fair share of stuff like that
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you using the black knob on the left to rewind with? I think the shutter has to be uncocked to rewind, too. Or maybe press the silver button next to the counter... It's been a long time since I handled one. Black knob turns clockwise to rewind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked the manual ?

Courtesy of Mr. Butkus: http://www.cameramanuals.org/kodak_pdf/kodak_35-2.pdf
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

When all else fails, RTFMD!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

Hurp a derp got it
    Canon 300v / A2

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin