Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,937   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Compared to modern SLRs I think the grip of the M's is inferior. I can handhold my EOS3 at longer times than my naked M2.
    Adding a halfcase improved the situation of the M2 significantly.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Paul:

One other thing that does change is our eyesight.

So there may be other factors involved as well.
    I installed corrective eyepieces on both cameras, which certainly overcame the eyesight issue, some time ago.
    I have Leica 35, 50 and 90 mm lenses.
    The cameras are well maintained.
    The images are very sharp and seem to have all the Leica attributes.
    I get technically good results with transparencies as well as print film.

I think I'm beginning to not be so enchanted with 35mm film and it's small size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Compared to modern SLRs I think the grip of the M's is inferior. I can handhold my EOS3 at longer times than my naked M2.
    Adding a halfcase improved the situation of the M2 significantly.
    The halfcase is certainly the way to go. Who's case did you get, if I may ask?

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I have a zhou case, you find him on ebay as jiozhou and lots of reference over at rff.
    I didn't want to have an original (old) one and the added pad is nice. The italian variant (Luigi) was too expensive for me.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad I'm not the only one. I do have a Nikon S2 that works for me without issue. I use my FMs with and without motors. I used an F3 for years without motor and had no problems. I think it is time to move this hardware to someone that can really use it well. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad I'm not the only one. I do have a Nikon S2 that works for me without issue. I use my FMs with and without motors as well. I used an F3 for years without motor and had no problems. I think it is time to move this hardware to someone that can really use it well. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The other option is a Leica M grip or cheapo Ch clone. Camera shop should have used ones.

Shooter
    35mm
    We change physically as we age, eyesight, steadiness of hand etc but also in temperament. If the Leica no longer works for you it's not that big of a deal. My eyesight is worsening as I approach 50. I'm still able to use my Nikon FE just fine but there are times when I struggle a bit with my eyes and manual focusing using the split prism. Also, like your Leica, there is no real grip on the FE. So I picked up a Nikon F90x dirt cheap in great shape and the autofocus on that is very reliable and there is lots of grip. Just use a camera that works for you and enjoy yourself, life is too short to fret over a particular camera (yes even a Leica).

When I was younger I loved driving stick, and I would scoff at automatic transmissions. I would hate to have to drive stick now, especially in traffic, my aging knees just don't need that kind of work. Such is life.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have the Leica M4 and before I bought the accessory hand grip, I used to occasionally accidentally press the lens release button and drop my 35mm Summicron Aspheric lens on the ground (once it actually dropped onto my wood deck and rolled off into the flower bed). I prefer the way the camera feels without the accessory grip, but I dare not use it without.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the same problem with a Bronica, my daughter used it with prefect results. I now have my trusty Ricoh TLR back. I had never had a problem like that, I sure liked the Bronica, felt good in my hands but was not to be:^(
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin