Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,326   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Hummm I'm gonna ponder on this a little and try to make the best decision... thanks again for the advice !
    Will check out the Leica R5 as well... this solution sounds good too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For $1500 you can get enough Japanese 35mm SLRs to use one and throw it way for a year

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW Check the prices on the R camera lenses. I think you may be in for a little sticker shock compared to Nikon.
    There's also a more limited selection of lenses.

The Leica lenses are very well made and don't give away anything to the other makes.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ilford XP2 in the M3 set lens at 12feet, f/8, 125

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ??? I'm just not sure how this helps someone buy a new camera ...

Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Ilford XP2 in the M3 set lens at 12feet, f/8, 125

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    Results from the Contax, whatever model, will be of no visual difference to the Nikon. You would be buying exclusive Contax optics which cost a lot more than Nikon optics and for all practical purposes perform no better - they just cost more! . . .
    Sounds like an opinion from someone who has never used Zeiss lenses and who doens't understand constraints that an SLR places on lens design.

The wide-angel Contax G lenses are extraordinary. The lack of a mirror box removes constraints that the SLR mirror box imposes. There is no Nikon wide angle lens that can compare to the 21mm Zeiss biogon. The flip side is that the Contax G-mount cameras aren't as versatile as an SLR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Researched and found some lenses you should consider for the F3 or FE should be decided to get a lighter body that works well with MF lenses...

Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s (52mm filters, 9 oz. / 250g) Sharpest wide angle MF.
    Take your pick of the 50mm as they all do the same job with minor variations of which f-stop you use most. Avoid the Zeiss/Cosina made lens.
    Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AI-s (72mm filters, 21.5 oz/609g., 3'/0.85m close focus
    and an FE body in good working order and your money has been spent.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again, I'll be going up to the city soon and making my final pick with all your recommendations in mind. Great !

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Not new, but perhaps view this thread-

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1389385

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An F100, 35mm AF-D f2 and your current flash would be well within your budget. The 35mm f2 is a nice sharp lens. Reasonably sharp wide open but becoming very sharp a stop or two down. The R5 and a Leica lens suggested above might sound tempting but, from what I've read, the R5 doesn't have the best reputation for reliability. Certainly the F3 should be better in that respect and the F100 as well, I'd imagine. Plus, if you wanted to add a second lens, a good Nikkor would likely be cheaper than another Leica lens.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin