Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,764   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by afrank View Post
    How do i know if I screwed the 45degree mirror?
    The superimposed rangefinder image will be very dim or gone at all.

Shooter
    35mm
    AFRANK: It is rigid if you mean you might move it.

That is why I said to use care. Take your time. You will not screw up anything if you are gentle and take your time. Again, the mirror is rigid and fits into a slot. As far as removing the reflective silver surface: mere water with a tiny bit of soap will not ruin the silver surface of the mirror. Alcohol or, perhaps, lighter fluid, will.

Lukas_87 is correct in that removal of the silver would remove the shadow image which confirms focus. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used a non alcohol liquid used to clean the digital sensors of cameras. I wasn't sure if it had alcohol and all it says is that us made of bio materials :/. The cleaning went well and its more clear now, but was worried I had damaged something I wasn't able to detect. The only issue i have is with the viewfinder frame. It seems to be tipped on one side. instead of looking like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnmleung/7320083890/

it seems like crooked frame on a wall, tipped to one side. It was like that before but I could not fix it :/
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    isn't that a vented lens hood?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin