Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,613   Online: 1079

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (Bessa-R kit+Culminar+Elmar)
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    This is not so bad. I could live with that. Which model is this?
    It's a Leica screwmount kit The body is the Voigtlaender Bessa-R, a modern camera with decent metering through the lens and an electronic shutter. It's not built like a tank, but mine has been fine through reasonably heavy service including a lot of international travel.

I've never used either of the lenses I mentioned---they're just the ones that came up cheapest when I looked around. I think both are Tessar types. There are a LOT of screwmount lenses; see http://www.cameraquest.com/ltmlens.htm for brief descriptions of many of them.

As noted, you can't use M-mount lenses on a screwmount body, but M lenses tend to be expensive anyway.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
    Most soviet & fixed lens RF camera's are worn out & not worth the price of a CLA. .
    I'd disagree on the Soviet cameras. They are so difficult for the layperson to operate, its hard to imagine one getting worn out. For example I got a Zorki 4 and a Zenit in a box of stuff. Looks like neither was never used or only used a few times before being stashed away in a closet or drawer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'd disagree on the Soviet cameras. They are so difficult for the layperson to operate, its hard to imagine one getting worn out. For example I got a Zorki 4 and a Zenit in a box of stuff. Looks like neither was never used or only used a few times before being stashed away in a closet or drawer.
    I have a Zenit E (my first serious camera) and it is extremely easy to use. I used to have a Fed 5 and the only not easy thing about that was the position of the shutter release - someone with smaller hands would have been ok.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    How are these hard to operate? I've never owned one, but I'd love to know before mine gets here. (;

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin