Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,706   Posts: 1,482,837   Online: 1008

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Anyone have a brassed Zeiss Ikon or CV Bessa R2/3/4M camera?

Being that the current Zeiss Ikon and the CV Bessa R2/3/4M cameras are covered by black paint, I wonder what a well used body would look like. Anybody know or have one of these beauties? love to see one.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to disappoint, but it looks like a car with scratches and paint peeling. Its not like a Leica, the paint chips rather than wears down. And its silver colored aluminum and magnesium underneath, so no brassing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Bessa R is getting there. It just looks like a junky old camera though, with paint flaking off on all the edges, and light scratches in the plastic parts. The back on the original R is the worst, it's got this horrid rubbery paint on it that just disintegrates. I think the newer Bessas fixed that issue, but I've had to cover the back of mine with gaffer tape to keep it from shedding little rubbery shards all over my hand.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin