Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,027   Online: 806

Shooter
    Medium Format

Voigtlander Vito II

I just recently purchased a Vito II from Craigs List. Ran the 1st roll of film through it and found what I believe are light leaks. I was wondering if this was from a pinhole in the bellows or from leaking around the door. From what I understand, the camera does not have seals. Any help appreciated.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img053.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	59313

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a couple of these fine cameras, your problem could be a pinhole in the bellows, but I found on both of my Vito's that the catch on the door needs to be checked as sometimes they don't quite close tight, I guess wear over many years, so make sure that the catch is pushed closed, to check for pinholes put a small torch in the open camera in a darkroom, they will soon show up, and can be repaired with liqued electrical tape, or fabric paint
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That looks like a light leak from the door latch. Make sure the door is latched good..

The bellows may also have a corner hole based on the blown area. Check the bellows by going into a bathroom and turn off the light while shining a flashlight inside the bellows chamber..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will try them out. I really like this little camera, I also have a Voigtlander CL that I enjoy using. Looking for a Canon or Yashica in good shape now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Vito II door catch is very poorly designed. I have had mine come open in use - when I used to use it without the ever-ready case. I now keep it in the bottom half of the case all the time.

I currently have film in my Vito II so I cannot check, but is there not some felt light seal by the door hinge? If there is, easily and cheaply replaced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As with all German cameras of the period that I have come across, the Vito does not use any seal, it depends on a light tight trap, and if the catch is not closed tightly then there is a chance of a light leak, just make sure the catch is tightly closed, as far as the opening when in use, it has never happened to me on either of my 2 vito's in a few years of using them
    Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin