Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,865   Online: 1004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The viewfinders are squinty. If they weren't, camera makers wouldn't have made them larger to fix this problem.
    The LTM Leicas are to rangefinders what the Exaktas are to SLRs. Historically important and finely made sure -but clumsy in use. You have to deal with all of their archaic idiosyncrasies when shooting. Can you make excellent photos with them? Certainly. You can also make excellent photos with lots of other cameras with less fuss though. The primary reason to use them so far as I can see is simply for the experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: How are the Leica LTM viewfinders?

Squinty, yes, but very clean (no framelines or meter displays). And you get used to it – I had no problem with my Zorki C's viewfinder until I got a Vitoret, which was my first 1:1 VF.

If you're in the mood to use it, it can be a great experience (rather like using a box camera) – if you're in a rush, you'll start fumbling unless you're really practised with the system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LTM viewfinders are squitny because the "modern" photographer developed squinty eyesight himself.
    The problem is always the camera, never the photographer, he is always the perfect creator and the camera could always be better.
    As a result we've seen more crap shots from Leica M than from Leica LTM.
    So, for big crap You need bigger viewfinder, parallax corrected..and easy film loading

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    +1

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    So, for big crap You need bigger viewfinder, parallax corrected..and easy film loading
    No you need a large format camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin