Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,704   Online: 743

Shooter
    35mm

Best place to repair Leica M6

I can ship it to Germany, but it is usually quite expensive. Any other reliable guys around that will fix my M6 ? It's just the lightmeter that is really off.. (sorry in advance if this is wrong forum. My first post)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Essex Camera in NJ (camerarepair.com). Very good, brought my M3 up to spec a while back. Fair pricing & quick turn-a-round.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC do top notch work as well.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably the best Leica repair man is Malcom Taylor, in Herefordshire (UK), 01568 770542. the Leitz factory use him themselves to maintain their historic collection so you can't get a higher recommendation. His prices are fair as well.

Welcome to APUG BTW

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are in the UK or Europe Malcolm Taylor is the man. But if you haven't already it may be worth trying the obvious things like cleaning all the electrical contacts you can get at, the battery terminals and the ISO dial contacts with the body, and make doubly sure you have the correct battery installed and it isn't faulty.

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin