Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,162   Online: 965

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How are these lenses: 21mm f4.0 and 28mm f3.5 Skopar

I'm looking for a 21mm/28mm RF lens. My preferences is size and 39mm filter threads, and chrome (the color is more of a minor thing) The CV lenses seem the most suiteable.

how are the LTM versions of these lenses? Experience? Comments on build, optics, ergonomics? I prefer Leica for 35/50/90 but it's hard to ignore CV for 21/28.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got the 25mm CV LTM on a Bessa L and like it alot. Nice clear focused pictures somewhat slow at f4 but the size makes up for it. Have the 15mm too and can't go wrong for the price on either I would say. I don't use filters but I believe the 25 is 39mm and it comes with a small hood attached

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bessal-rz400tx.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	497.2 KB 
ID:	60097

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was using them I found them to be excellent in all respects.

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting that you post this, as I just purchased a 21/28 combo to go with a new Bessa R4A. I went with an option that you didn't list: The Zeiss ZM 21 & 28. The Zeiss's are made in Japan by Cosina (as are the Voiglander Skopars) but to a higher quality level and better optical designs. You might want to check them out. Their price comes between that of Voigtlander and Leica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a huge Zeiss fan but have read nothing but great things about the performance and build quality of the VC 28/3.5 and have one on the way. For faster I'd more likely consider a Zeiss but not a 3.5. Generally I have not been that enamored of VC lenses having bought and sold a few (40/1.4, 35/1.2) but the images and accompanying comments I've seen online from this lens are phenomenal.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find the CV 21/4 to be excellent, a great bargain. I use it on a Leica IIIf and on an M4-P with the adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 21/4 and the 28 1.9 and really can't decide which I like better...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the CV 15 and 21mm.

In both cases, build quality is pretty good. Both vignette pretty heavily.

I find the 21mm to be good, but not stellar (mainly due to some softness in the corners), though to do better, you probably have to shell out for Leica/Zeiss.
    (I'm comparing the 21mm to the likes of a Zeiss SLR 18mm and a Leica R 19mm II, so have pretty high expectations).

I find the 15mm to be even better than the 21, though the previously mentioned vignetting is very visible.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought about Zeiss but I was really unsure because they're larger and they're not the 39mm filter thread. On paper, the only thing Zeiss has going for it is an additional stop. I care about build and optical qualities too but it is hard for me to come up with a conclusion based on internet readings. Some say CV is just as good as Zeiss in both regards but most people say that it isn't. I don't know. Truthfully I prefer 35mm/50mm and I just want to explore the 21mm-28mm focal lengths so I figured that I'd go with the best value and just "upgrade" to Leica/Zeiss in the future if I feel compelled to.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have the 21/4 and shoot it on an M4-P with an adapter or IIIc. Absolutely love it. I've never had any problems with optical quality, but even if there were, it's tiny and a great lens for hyperfocaling in the daytime. F8, set focus to 2m, and anything you can't touch is in perfect focus all the time (even fast AF can't compete with that). Adjust for changing light with the shutter speed.

It was great when I was backpacking around Thailand/Cambodia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin