Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,270   Online: 958

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, both meters are the same. Check the mamiya documentation and post it here if you can prove otherwise. They didn't change the meter. They are both averaging meters, but the area of averaging is fairly small, and varies in it's relationship to what the lens sees. However they are the same between both cameras.

I find the tab easy enough to turn, and no risk of breakage as there is with the II. If I had kept the II, I'd have gotten the brass replacement tab from the guy in Italy that makes them.

-Ed

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ed, the 7's meter is a spot meter, the 7 II's is a weighted average meter, VERY different.

I worry about the dark slide tab as it does seem breakable, BUT I found the 7's to be hard to turn which I'm sure is why they made the 7 II's with a flip out.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I'm looking for a 6x7 rangefinder, need help choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    No, both meters are the same. Check the mamiya documentation and post it here if you can prove otherwise. They didn't change the meter. They are both averaging meters, but the area of averaging is fairly small, and varies in it's relationship to what the lens sees. However they are the same between both cameras.

I find the tab easy enough to turn, and no risk of breakage as there is with the II. If I had kept the II, I'd have gotten the brass replacement tab from the guy in Italy that makes them.

-Ed
    Strange, when I originally read up on it the main thing that pushed me to get the 7II was the improved meter... It's very strange not finding any info on that now... Hmmm...

Well I like the 7II the flip down curtain winder is nice for me because I can change lenses without having to take it off the tripod and the cable release is in a nicer spot, and the black color (i find the other colors very gaudy) it's all preference really...

Ok I concede ...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok so here's where I've got with this.

I went through the motions with a Mamiya 7ii but kept being beaten on price via ebay by sniping software, in the end this appears to be a good thing. I've now got my sights of a Technorama 6x12.
    I went to an exhibition in London and saw Luc Delahaye's '132nd' which appears shot in 6x12 medium format. The damn print is 18ft wide. That's where I want to be.

So whilst I'm waiting for one to drop into my lap I've purchased a H1 body and a couple of extra film backs.

Those Technorama's look elegant, wondered about the Horseman 612 but it doesn't appeal for some reason.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A technorama is quite a different beast altogether, it's a technical camera and mostly intended for slow tripod work - much harder to focus and shoot handheld like you can with a 7.

If that sort of thing interests you, you might want to consider a 4x5 field camera with a 6x12 back; though that's even more-extreme on the slow/considered spectrum of shooting style, it gives you more movements (perspective and focal-plane control).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I was at a bit on an impasse. I've all this great Hassy glass. So I've utilized that for running and gunning.
    Love shooting landscapes though so the huge negative size is pulling me in.

It still requires much thought.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Giles View Post
    Ok so here's where I've got with this.

I went through the motions with a Mamiya 7ii but kept being beaten on price via ebay by sniping software, in the end this appears to be a good thing. I've now got my sights of a Technorama 6x12.
    I went to an exhibition in London and saw Luc Delahaye's '132nd' which appears shot in 6x12 medium format. The damn print is 18ft wide. That's where I want to be.

So whilst I'm waiting for one to drop into my lap I've purchased a H1 body and a couple of extra film backs.

Those Technorama's look elegant, wondered about the Horseman 612 but it doesn't appeal for some reason.
    There's no sniping "software" it's just people who sit on and wait till the last second

I got my 7II for $800 which is a good price for it. What's your price point?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's no sniping "software" it's just people who sit on and wait till the last second
    In all my years of bidding I've only ever lost one auction.

What's your price point?
    In a time-delimited format like eBay, that is THE single most important question to answer... in advance.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use sniping software for every auction I'm interested in.

Set the price you are willing to pay and tell it to place your bid 5 seconds or so before the end of the auction.

Then ignore the auction until you get your emails at the end.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I use sniping software for every auction I'm interested in.

Set the price you are willing to pay and tell it to place your bid 5 seconds or so before the end of the auction.

Then ignore the auction until you get your emails at the end.
    I just use the eBay app on my phone to tell me 1 minute before it ends, I open the app, wait till there's 7 seconds left and bid hehe (just in case it's bad signal sometimes 5 seconds is too short hehe)

really there's software? was it free? hmmm... hehe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just use the eBay app on my phone to tell me 1 minute before it ends, I open the app, wait till there's 7 seconds left and bid hehe (just in case it's bad signal sometimes 5 seconds is too short hehe)

really there's software? was it free? hmmm... hehe
    Lots of competing tools. The one I use uses their computer to place my bids, and I pay a fee for each successful bid (the fee is on a sliding scale).

Google "esnipe" to see what I am talking about.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin