Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,196   Online: 984

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    If you travel go with a Bronica RF645. The last MF rangefinder designed that was not fixed lens. The M7 kit becomes big when you include lenses.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One problem: Bronica doesn't exist anymore, and the 645 RF's lens selection is more limited than even the Mamiya 7's. I don't feel like the 7 is big with the 80mm attached to it, and that's all I use.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Is the M 7 still in production? Out of production cameras are not much of an issue especially if mechanical or a recent design. Lots of reasonable replacements out there. I fit a light weight RF645 3 lens kit in a divided Eddie Bauer nylon lunch bag; 5x8x9 inches. I have room for 3 or 4 rolls, hoods, filters and batteries.

The 65mm RF645 normal lens is the 80mm equivalent to the M7. I take the 55mm RF optic as my 2nd travel lens. The M7 has one wider optic.

The RF645 lens spread in 35mm terms is 28 - 40 - 63mm (close focus). It's limited like all MF rangefinders. But the 100mm long normal is more usable than the M7 150mm. For general photography the RF645 lens spread is all you need.

The RF 645 has a hand feel closer to Leica by using mostly metal except for the rear film cover and some control parts. It has a sophisticated auto light shield when changing lenses. The M6, M7 and Bronica RF645 are all great cameras.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-03-2013 at 06:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jepsen View Post
    Is the M 7 still in production? ..... The RF645 lens spread in 35mm terms is 28 - 40 - 63mm (close focus). It's limited like all MF rangefinders. But the 100mm long normal is more usable than the M7 150mm.....
    Yes the m7 is still produced. That 28 to 63 FL spread is not much different than the M7's available focal lengths, except the M7 has wider and a slightly longer FL in 135 format equivalency:> 43->21, 50->25, 65->32, 80->39, 150->71, and the 210->105. I find the 43/80 combo very useful, and the 80 and 100 FLs seem rather standard in MF and not too different in application, rather like using a 50 or 40 in 135 format.
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." W. Durant

flickr

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The widest lens on a RF645 is a 45mm f/4. What was I thinking. I need to take my camera out more.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Right guys, so I've settled now and here's the update.

For portability I've kept the H1, bought a couple of extra film backs and I'm happy.

For the spots I can get to in the car I um, bought an RZ67 Pro iid.

This kinda goes against the theme of the thread but I realized what I want is pretty much unobtainable!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    good choice on the RZ - that's a great system, super versatile. A bit heavy, but worth it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I just use the eBay app on my phone to tell me 1 minute before it ends, I open the app, wait till there's 7 seconds left and bid hehe (just in case it's bad signal sometimes 5 seconds is too short hehe)

really there's software? was it free? hmmm... hehe
    gixen.com is free, and it works well. Pay $6/year and your bid will go in from a mirror, too, to ensure that it's taken.

On cameras:

I used to own a Bronica RF645 and 3 lenses (including the rare 100mm). Loved the system, but the film transport is poorly designed. Mine was replaced under warranty, and I sold it when it started to act up again. So now I own a Mamiya 7II - no regrets!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Congrats on your camera. I've had nine trouble free years from my Bronica RF645. The M6 and M7 both have film transport problems. Running 220 through the camera places addition stress on the transport. I always gently advanced film which is the best prevention.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-16-2013 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin