Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,166   Online: 1152

Shooter
    35mm

21mm skopars M vs LTM

I want to get a 21mm lens. Zeiss and Leica are out of the budget so CV is the logical choice.

Is there a difference between these two? Besides the mount? In terms of build and optical qualities. I figured they are identical optically but I hear that M mount lenses were built better. All things equal I would prefer the LTM version because that mount is more versatile.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I only know the LTM mount comes with view finder. The M mount without view finder and more expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    get the ltm, you can use it on two different types of cameras -- m and ltm. optically they are the same lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 21mm lens is the only rangefinder lens I use that isn't a Leica (the 28, 35 and 50 I have are all Leicas). Great quality for the price, with an awesome finder. You can find them for less than $400, which is about the same price as just getting the Leica 21mm finder without a lens. However, I have nothing to compare it on, but with the quality I have seen from it, I can't find a reason to go beyond it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin