Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,287   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, that's helpful

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have ordered a ZI with the 1,5 Sonnar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just read over on rff that the ZI is now officially discontinued =[

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's almost funny - just after I ordered it. Well, as long it's possible to have it serviced it doesn't matter to me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The ZI I had for almost three years was very happily mated to a Voigtlander Heliar Black 50mm, f2 M mount version. It never let me down. But good luck finding one.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kivis View Post
    The ZI I had for almost three years was very happily mated to a Voigtlander Heliar Black 50mm, f2 M mount version. It never let me down. But good luck finding one.
    The optics are the same in the nickel version, right? CameraQuest still lists those available---they aren't especially cheap, but in the context of the price of a ZI body, what's a couple of hundred extra bucks for a really good lens?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think it's out of production. There probably are still a number of new cameras in the supply channel and at some stores. I've been toying with the idea of picking up a second body. Perhaps a black one this time around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Do you ask when selecting your wife ?
    Mustafa, can I use this line? It is SO perfect! How many times do we see, on these forums (fora) threads asking "What camera should I use?", or which film, lens, developer, etc.

That line should be embedded as the standard first reply to all such queries.

Made my day!

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...except that in this case the question was about whether there was an issue with focus shift of one of the lenses or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are really no bad choices in 50mm class M mount lenses, they are all good, although some really are spectacular. As a rule you can never go wrong with Zeiss or Leica (in my opinion at least). If you need to save money all the Voigtlander choices are fine as are the Konica M's. Leica set the bar pretty high in M mount lens field, and the few companies that have ventured into that market must (of necessity) have a good product.
    Last edited by davela; 12-01-2013 at 02:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin