Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,490   Online: 930

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have my father's Retina IIIc. He gave it (back) to me.

When I was young, and my father was a young father with a family to support and bills to pay, he wanted a IIIc very much. But he was never able to swing the purchase.

A few years ago, after eBay became prevalent, I found a IIIc on eBay and bought it for him as a gift. He used it for a while during his 80s.

He is now 91, and after 60+ years of photography his eyesight isn't really up to using a rangefinder, so he gifted the camera back to me.

They are beautiful cameras that take beautiful photographs. The 50mm f/2.0 lenses are very high quality, and the accessory lenses are functional.

They are complex though, and very few repair people are able to work on them.

You have received a fantastic and valuable (in multiple ways) gift.

I'll see if I have anything shot with mine that is both interesting and scanned and if I do, I'll post it.

And if you are familiar with flickr, this link will give you a few more examples: http://www.flickr.com/groups/359512@N21/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good luck with everything. It is indeed exciting. In addition to APUG, which has been invaluable, check out YouTube ... There's lots of great info there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin