Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,882   Posts: 1,629,715   Online: 747

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Shooter
    35mm
    Leica has basically stated that they only make film cameras for the nostalgic now. They see digital as the future, and probably couldn't care less if film disappeared off the face of the planet. But let's be serious here, as long as somebody can make money off of film, film is going to be around. Which means it's very unlikely we'll see the demise of film within our lifetimes. A Leica just may not become a valuable family heirloom is all.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Then at least they'll have paleontologists as clients...

And Apuggers...
    Don't forget baby dinosaurs and apugers kids and grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Leica has basically stated that they only make film cameras for the nostalgic now...
    Just like Zeiss, Leica uses film, GeckoCam lens test projector and other analog means to test their lenses, even if those lenses are targeted for digi cams.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-7-n12_9009.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	62360

..They see digital as the future, and probably couldn't care less if film disappeared off the face of the planet...
    Leica care for film the most., compared to other 35mm film camera makers.
    Regards,
    Georg

Shooter
    35mm
    First of all, we’re still producing M7 and MP cameras. We’re producing them because there is a demand for it — small, but quite stable. As long as this demand exists we will also be making these cameras. Technically speaking, from a quality point of view, there is no real reason to stick with film. Especially if you take an M Monochrom which is producing beautiful black-and-white pictures, one of the last domains of film, black-and-white film. There is not really a technical reason to shoot film.
    Read more: http://the.me/interview-with-stefan-...#ixzz2HYLU4dVX

I think that says it all.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Read more: http://the.me/interview-with-stefan-...#ixzz2HYLU4dVX

I think that says it all.
    Sure, every manufacturer is headed there.
    Stefan Daniel represent the new generation in Leica and he is not a film fan in his heart.
    The current owner of Leica Camera AG is not a film fan either but they understand that stop producing film cameras while there is still demand for them will seriously affect the brand.
    Regards,
    Georg

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Then I got zorki 4 and some other soviet cameras - they were terrible.

I wish I got Leica in the first place, it would be much cheaper and less stressful. Now when I have M6 and M3 I know that there is no need for another rangefinder camera in my life.
    can't really support that claim -- the zorki 4k and the fed-2 i own are among the best cameras i have used (with fsu lenses, mind you) -- and that's coming from a leica owner, who digs his equipment and has more of it than a sensible individual would need. (note: i'm talking ernst leitz gmbh era here, not the leica camera ag stuff)

pozdrav iz splita.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin