Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,276   Online: 773

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

hot shoe exposure meter

Mornin'

was wondering if these exist?

I was sat wondering the other day, trying to decide between my hi-matic 7s or my zorki 4 and was disappointed not to choose the zorki, which I prefer, my reasoning was thus - in a pinch if I need to meter the minolta has it and I wont have to reach into my bag for the hand-held meter.

and as wondering tends to do, I was led to a place where I figured there must be a simple fix for this problem, to take away the need to choose, a little meter I could fit to my zorki hot shoe and never need to consider this again.

does such a wonderful thing exist?
    cds or battery powered?

anything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to hove one. There should still be some working ones around.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what am I looking for, did they have a specific name, manufacturer?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As i remember Cosina used to manufacture them for Bessa. Check out Cosina dealers, they may have them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The currently manufactured Gossen Digisix has a threaded insert in the bottom and there is an optional shoe mount adapter (which costs about twice what it should) available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medium.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	62667

I don't recall the model, but I believe it was Voigtländer that had a very small meter that mounted on an accessory shoe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cosina/Voigtländer has the VC meters. They go for a pretty penny on Ebay these days.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    The currently manufactured Gossen Digisix has a threaded insert in the bottom and there is an optional shoe mount adapter (which costs about twice what it should) available.
    Just get a flash socket, flash adapter or whatever of that kind you can grab at a fleamarket ar alike, and mount the socket proper by screwing or glueing to that Digisix.

The historic mount-on ones I can remember were selenium ones. But there are some sites on the net devoted to historic exposure meters, maybe you find there something apt to look for then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks very much...

any that go for an ugly penny?
    not looking for something too bells and whistles-y, just something to use in a pinch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could get a Leicameter MC, cheaper than the Voigtlander, and probably less accurate. I've used both, prefer the Voigtlander, but it's quite pricey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Easy solution: keep your handheld meter in your pocket or around your belt so it will always be within easy reach. To me incident meters are fundamental accesories and I wouldn't want to trade mine for an accesory shoe mounted one that one would inevitably use mostly in reflected mode, if it's got an incident option at all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin