Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,345   Online: 1046

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Repair Leitz M Meter Chrome

I bought a non working Leitz M Meter Chrome for 27 dollars from UK including postage. Its cosmetically excellent. What would be happen to it ? Is it too much expensive to repair , Can I use it handheld for Zeiss 517/16.

Thank you ,

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEITZ M METER CHROME.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	62738

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I think this is an early Leicameter with a selenium cell. Nearly all Leicameters with selenium cells I saw were dead and no spare parts are available. The later CdS types like the MR-4 require a mercury cell which is no longer available, maybe a zinc/air Wein Cell or a MR-9 adapter can be used. The plastic lid of the battery compartment is easy to break. I find that the MR-4 is not very useful as he has two measuring ranges and the border between them is just in the range of usual light conditions. When you carry a M-Leica with mounted Leicameter, the ASA setting is easily misadjusted as the ring rotates when in contact with your cloth. The measuring angle of the CdS meter is in the range of a 90 mm lens, the older selenium types have an angle of about a 50 mm lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Jochen,

Thank you for warning,

Someone from Leica User Forum that address.

http://www.knoch-messgeraete.de/leicameter.htm

They repair all the Leica Meters and have all the spare parts.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 01-15-2013 at 04:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    thank you for the link, very useful, I did't know that somebody repairs those meters here in Germany. The picture is a MR-meter with CdS cell.

Shooter
    35mm
    If the mechanical parts are in good condition may be you could design a whole new meter circuit to go inside?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    Hello,
    thank you for the link, very useful, I did't know that somebody repairs those meters here in Germany. The picture is a MR-meter with CdS cell.
    Hi

I thought the CdS cell meters said MR on their name plate, and had a battery cover and adjusting screw in a different location??

Noel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin