Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,991   Online: 989

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Cooke Triplet lens - any for M's

Were there any Cooke Triplet's made for either M or LTM cameras? Not Tessar's, just Cooke Triplet's. For that matter any made for Nikon F mount as well??
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The famous Elmar 90mm triplet better than it's 4 element brothers, the MS-Optical Perar (M), Leica Televid is a triplet, 135mm Triotar for LTM and probably many more

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you want to cut the expense , I saw a Triotar Rollei 35 for 170 at KEH. Excellent lens really.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks guys. I'm not looking to save any money, I just like the "look" these triplets have. I am mainly looking for a 35mm or 50mm lens.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe look for a Meyer Trioplan or a Domiplan they were sold in various mounts, if you can't find Leica screw thread then M42 should be adapable to Nikon F.

The problem is most triplets weren't sold for SLR use and often come in cheaper Pronto/Prontor/Vario shutters for folding cameras 35mm and 120, they are almost all cell focussing.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MS Optical are the people to talk to. They have a triplet 35mm collapsible lens, amongst others, and while having the quirks of being 'hand made', they still are top quality lenses.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    By the time the SLR became widely popular in the 1960s, the industry had long since moved on from the triplet.

And most SLR buyers wanted a high-quality optic, not a bargain-bin lens.

I think your best bet would be to find a pre-1950s viewfinder/rangefinder camera with a triplet. Or as others have suggested, adapt an older lens to an SLR mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    the Meyer Domiplan 1:2,8/50 mm was often sold as the cheapest lens with DDR cameras. I think it cannot be adapted to Nikon F because the register of Nikon is longer. The triplet is ideally suited for the cheap front-lens focussing and this was nearly always the case with fix built in lenses (like Agfa Optima).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin