Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,859   Online: 865

Shooter
    35mm

jupiter 12 on rollei 35 RF

hi folks,

i just buy an jupiter 12 FSU lens to put on my rollei 35 RF.And actually i read the issue jupiter 12 mounted on bessa R/rollei 35rf but unfortunately the lens already arrive on my home.Is there any way trick to fit the lens with out an issue?? because i really like this lens and i'd like to use it on my RF.

A trick or info will be helpfull

regards

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

Sorry a Leica thread mount (LTM) J12 is not compatible with lots of LTM bodies, it can foul shutter blades of Bessas (or Bessa clones) and the anti flare boxes on late Canon VI and P bodies, and the meter arms of CL and M5 bodies. It wont allow TTL meters to work normally even when it will physcially fit as well.

You can only use J12 on some bodies Leca LTM, FSU LTM etc., you only options are get a compatible body or return to vendor or sell on to a 3rd party.

You can damage both the lens and body if you ignore the problem.

Noel
    P.S. you can use a j12 on an M with a normal adapter, but you should not try this on a M5 or CL. However if you have the adapter machined it is safe on a M5 but not on a CL.
    Last edited by Xmas; 01-20-2013 at 07:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: P.S.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin