Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,629   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I loved and miss my Zorki 4K! Brighter finder I ever saw in a rf and for me,a great camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiev88user View Post
    Hi, this is an interesting one. Basically the MIR was made from 1959 to 1961 - please see http://www.fotoua.com/1cameratip.php...l1=mir&seek3=3 and Jean Loup Princelle's book. The lens is from a FED camera, the MIR would have had a Industar 60 or 26M for internal consumption and a Jupiter 8 for export, this one is intended for internal consumption as it has Cyrillic script name. See http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIR-Vintage-...item2ec5e1b9c6 as an example. The only difference between the MIR and Zorki 4 was the lack of slow speeds mechanism.
    I was interested in the MIR in the first place because I've read the Z4 slow-shutter mechanism is a possible failure point, so the MIR is supposedly more reliable than the Z4. I also love the how "Мир" looks in script—I don't know why. (;

This Fotoua page is exactly what made me wonder what's going on with this camera. The style of the camera looks too old (lots of accents) for such a high serial number, the serial number is also higher than the highest reported serial number on the Fotoua page.

I'm probably overthinking this. Should I pick this particular one up? It seems like a good deal for having been CLAed.

Oy. Forget it. I'm going to order from Fedka.com. (;
    Last edited by keyofnight; 02-04-2013 at 12:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin