Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,599   Online: 884

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

smallest 35mm LTM lenses

OK so is there a size difference between these lenses?

Leica 35mm f3.5 Summaron
    Canon 35mm f2.8
    Nikon 35mm f3.5/f2.5
    Cosina 355mm f2.5

I believe the Leica 35mm f3.5 Elmar is the smallest but the Summaron is technically better (although some may argue). I'm reading up on the optics and all that stuff but size-wise is any of these larger than the other? They look similar but I just wanted to check.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops, sorry, I was going to say the MS Optical Perar is the smallest

http://www.japanexposures.com/2010/0...triplet-perar/

but it wasn't officially released as an LTM, and could only be converted on special request.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    Oops, sorry, I was going to say the MS Optical Perar is the smallest

http://www.japanexposures.com/2010/0...triplet-perar/

but it wasn't officially released as an LTM, and could only be converted on special request.

Steve
    LTM is preferable but M is OK too! Just under $500 USD...tempting.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    So which is the smallest? I'd also like a good quality, fast, compact 35mm for street work.

Shooter
    Multi Format

smallest 35mm LTM lenses

I would suggest the Cosina Voitlander 35/2.5 Color Skopar. Excellent performer, good build quality and affordable.
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I have never tried one, the CV Color Skopar would almost certainly kick the others butts...wide angle lens design has vastly improved over the years. The CV 35mm Ultron is also small if you want something faster, can't get it new but there may be a few around second hand.
    I personally use the Cosina 35mm Nokton, and even that is pretty tiny for a 1.4.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Although I have never tried one, the CV Color Skopar would almost certainly kick the others butts...wide angle lens design has vastly improved over the years. The CV 35mm Ultron is also small if you want something faster, can't get it new but there may be a few around second hand.
    I personally use the Cosina 35mm Nokton, and even that is pretty tiny for a 1.4.
    Well there are two CV /2.5

a) the classic - small diameter focus ring, but focusing 'peg', monster hood optional , small hood in normal box kit, 39mm filter thread
    b) the panccake - larger diameter, only focus ring, no hood in basic kit , optional medium sized hood, 43mm filter thread

you can use generic Ch hoods as well

If you are going to use it for fast changing subjects you need the lens that fits your hands, & note not all the classics will have the peg some people discard them... there may be some NOS around if you search.

If you want a multi coated lens for less flare and higher contrast then these two are it, lots of others if you want single coated.

Noel
    Last edited by Xmas; 02-08-2013 at 05:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I only have the color skopar, but I can say that it as small as I could use and still be able to focus quickly and I have small hands. The only way to go smaller and maintain usability would be a collapsible
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have the 35mm/2.5 color skopar and the old chrome 35/2.8 Serenar (Canon). I think the skopar is a "better" lens most of the time, but the Serenar still works very well.

Even in the 50s a slow wide angle was not horribly difficult to design or build, at least with the back focus of a rangefinder body. It was considerably harder to make a 35mm lens faster, and especially if it needed room for a flipping mirror.
    ---
    mike rosenlof
    louisville colorado usa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by puketronic View Post
    OK so is there a size difference between these lenses?

Leica 35mm f3.5 Summaron
    Canon 35mm f2.8
    Nikon 35mm f3.5/f2.5
    Cosina 355mm f2.5

I believe the Leica 35mm f3.5 Elmar is the smallest but the Summaron is technically better (although some may argue). I'm reading up on the optics and all that stuff but size-wise is any of these larger than the other? They look similar but I just wanted to check.
    I've used all but the Canon 35/2.8. I had the Canon 35/2, which is a really nice lens, and quite small .. and expensive now, I think.
    I would say the Elmar 35 is probably the smallest: it's like a collapsed Elmar 50/3.5 - tiny! I've had a hard time finding one in good condition.
    Those who know, shoot film

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin