Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,035   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bessa R4A light seal replacement?

Seems like I might have a light leak in my Bessa R4A - anyone know of a way to do this myself with a kit I can purchase somewhere?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Already? How old can it be?
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 02-07-2013 at 03:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would talk to CameraQuest, they are the official Voigtlander dealer, and I suspect they would know more. They've not been making the R4A that long though, so unless the seals are actually damaged, seems unlikely they would have degraded in this time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it might not be that... I am having an issue with a scan. I'll re-check the negatives and see if its just my scanner.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Easy way to check if it's the scanner, scan the negative then turn the negative and rescan. If the error stays in same area in the image it's on the negative, if it moves then it's the scanner.

The only way I think that such recent foam may have gone bad is if the camera was subjected to high heat or had something spilled on it when cleaning. Foam isn't a big deal and can be replaced easily.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin