Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,419   Online: 731

Shooter
    35mm

Are classic Nikon RF's vs Canon RF

I do believe that they are better th

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always wanted a Canon rangefinder but just can't justify it as I rarely shoot 35mm these days, I much prefer them to Nikons, if money was no object I'd bo gor a Reid though with a TTH lens, the best of all the Leica thread rangefinders.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by puketronic View Post
    I do believe that they are better th
    what?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Years ago I had a Canon 7s. It always seemed overly large for a 35mm RF, so I sold it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never had a Nikon RF, but did have both a L IIIG and a Canon 7s. Both were ripped while living in Italy. I really liked the 7S, meter was not bad, easy to use, much better view finder than the IIIG or a IIIF. I had both Canon and Litz glass as well as a minolta 90mm, which was also very sharp. The 7S was larger than the IIIG as it has 2 mounts, the screw mount and an outside mount for the massive 50mm .90. But I always lusted after a Nikon SP with motor drive. I think it was the SP with the drive.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm sort of curious as to the original question. Please return and complete your thought.

In the early days, Nikon used the Zeiss Ikon Contax as its model, while Canon replicated the Leica. Over time, both cameras changed their physical appearance, although the Nikon RF changed much less than the Canon.

As to your question ... well, hard to say.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/1...ngefinder.html

lol. I must've accidently submitted this thread, sorry.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin