Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,930   Posts: 1,522,167   Online: 1043

Shooter
    35mm RF

Using the Canon "B" adapter ?

OK, I sprung for the Canon "B" adapter. That's the one that lets me use my manual focus SLR lenses on my LTM cameras.
    is gaining the correct focus a trick that I'm missing or what? The double image doesn't seem to move. Do I just try to do regular manual focus adjust as with a SLR camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yup. those lenses aren't coupled to the rangefinder, most likely, so you have to scale focus --- keep your f-stop at 3.5 or lower and you're not going to have much trouble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Summicron is exactly right, with the "B" adaptor in place, any SLR lens you put on your camera won't be rangefinder coupled.

No biggee though, especially if you use a wide-angle lens. A favorite combination of mine is to use my old FL 28/3.5 FL Canon on my M3. I just scale-focus and all is well.

Jim B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin