Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,553   Online: 958

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    How much are you being asked to pay for the CLE with lenses? and which lenses are included? You know the main expense is in the glass, right? I'm pretty sure Keh.com services CLE's but it's been awhile since I checked. Most agree that you scrifice nothing by going with the CLE over the others... it's a matter of personal taste, and how deep your pockets are.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Originally Posted by Richard Jepsen
    The shutter for the CLE is similar to a XD-11.

No. The CLE has a horizontal traveling cloth shutter, the XD-11 a vertical traveling metal (?) blade shutter.
    Good catch. My message is Minoltas are reliable and the cost to replace is cheaper than a Leica CLA.
    RJ

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, Diapositivo, I vaguely remember there being a discussion about the actual reflectiveness and color of the film plane because 'real time exposure determination' would be dependent upon that factor. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a mint CLE with 40mm summicron a few months ago for £600 ( after shipping, ebay costs etc) as never had a rangefinder before, and wanted something descreet for street shooting without paying leica prices. In short, I love it. It is quiet, and more importantly with my daily carry and bad back, it is really light. It can sit around my neck all day with no problem. I just invested in a lovely used 28mm zeiss biogon for it, as found the 40mm a little difficult for shooting from the hip. i am processing the results in my bathroom as I write.
    Downside is no AE lock, so if using on auto you have to pay attention to exposure compensation, they apparently have shutter issues, and leaving them cocked even overnight is advised against. I met Alex Majoli from Magnum who rated them highly too, but admitted twice he had to get shutters repaired- although I imagine he puts them to the test more than most.
    For me, its a great buy, the bottom line being it is always with me and I am taking pictures daily, while my rolleiflex, canon, and nikon SLRs are sitting in drawers gathering dust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin