Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,672   Online: 1235

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bessa R2M that stumped the RFF experts...

Let's see if the Apug community is better prepared!

Anyone have any idea about the possible price of a Silver/Chrome R2M. I believe only 300 were made, and they are, understandably, very hard to find so I find little info on them is hard to come by.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tough...difficult to asses considering that Bessas aren't really sought after by collectors. I wouldn't pay any more than a black version personally.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Bessa R2M that stumped the RFF experts...

Quote Originally Posted by froyd View Post
    Let's see if the Apug community is better prepared!

Anyone have any idea about the possible price of a Silver/Chrome R2M. I believe only 300 were made, and they are, understandably, very hard to find so I find little info on them is hard to come by.
    I had two of them NIB as the anniversary set, and I sold them both with the included heliar 50 for about 1100 euro each IIRC.

Stefan.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    According to Steve Gandy, 300 silver paint R2M and 700 black paint R2M were made in the 250th Anniversary series. Is yours an anniversary model? Do you have the original box? What's the condition?

My guess is you might get anywhere from $300-900 for it, if you find someone who's a collector.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by factus10 View Post
    According to Steve Gandy, 300 silver paint R2M and 700 black paint R2M were made in the 250th Anniversary series. Is yours an anniversary model? Do you have the original box? What's the condition?

My guess is you might get anywhere from $300-900 for it, if you find someone who's a collector.
    I don't have one. I want one! They are very hard to come by --obviously!-- so if one does come up I want to be ready. I need to shed some equipment and I'm trying to determine if only the Contax G has to go or if the M4 has to go as well.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    I had two of them NIB as the anniversary set, and I sold them both with the included heliar 50 for about 1100 euro each IIRC.

Stefan.

Hi Stefan-

How would you describe the quality/look of the chrome? From the pictures it looks similar to the silver Zeiss Ikon --i.e. a little plasticky up-close. What does it look like in person?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

$300 what a joke. Lucky if you can find one at $800!
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Quote Originally Posted by froyd View Post
    Hi Stefan-

How would you describe the quality/look of the chrome? From the pictures it looks similar to the silver Zeiss Ikon --i.e. a little plasticky up-close. What does it look like in person?
    Sorry for this late answer. It is some time ago I sold them, and I never held it side by side with my ZI, so IIRC, it was about the same look, but memory is a strange thing to rely on. Anyway, I liked the camera, but I sold it because I kept hesitating between using it (and hence diminishing it's collectors value) or keeping it safe in a box, never to be used, and that I thought would be a shame. Now the new owner can wrestle with that dilemma: I'm free .

Stefan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

For 300 usd, I'll buy it right away.

Stefan

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have had a Chrome R*M and I found the quality nowhere near as nice as the black paint version. My two cents.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin