Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,380   Online: 846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    Actually - thinking about it some more the camera could be a VL with the wind lever removed. THe knob rewind means the camera is earlier than a VT or most of the L series..

Does the wind knob lock up (in other words is there a button on the back of the camera you can push to pull the wind knob up?)
    My VT has a knob rewind exactly as shown in OP. Is it an oddity as well?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its hard to say if it is a VT that is missing the trigger on the bottom or a VL without the correct winder. It is really easy to take off the bottom plate, it is just two screws on the sides, and using a spanner you remove the retaining ring that is around the tripod socket. From there you should be able to make out if it supports the trigger winder or not. These are nice cameras and really solid, but using that type of winder is will make it difficult to use this quickly. I have the VT and the VIT cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Unless Canon built VL cameras with a place on the top plate casting for the release button that would permit a replacement knob (in lieu of the film wind lever) to pop up, this can't be a VL with a retrofit knob. Well, if I decide to buy it -- and I'm having a hard time convincing myself I need another Canon RF body, as I just came across an interesting Noct-Nikkor -- I'll be able to pull the bottom plate to see if it's a revised VT. And frankly, if I wanted a knob wind Canon, I'd be more tempted to try a IVSB or similar. I've used the knob wind on my Canon VT and it's less easy to use than the knob on my Leica III.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a VL lower with a VT Deluxe top... Can this camera wind film? I mean, do you see a winder anywhere?

Canon VT Deluxe Here: http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...page=1956-1965
    Last edited by xo-whiplock; 03-20-2013 at 12:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xo-whiplock View Post
    It's a VL lower with a VT Deluxe top... Can this camera wind film? I mean, do you see a winder anywhere?
    Use the wind knob to advance the film.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would be skeptical that this wasn't some sort of hack job- making something that looks like a working camera out of parts; really, without seeing the insides it is pretty suspicious. Either that or it's super-rare one-of-a-kind etc. etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin