Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,035   Online: 794

Thread: Wards am 550

Shooter
    Multi Format

Wards am 550

Will this camera work manually without a battery, my google search did not answer this question. Thanks

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one of these and it works without a battery - I have to use a hand meter but I like doing that anyways.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Kevin I do not mind using a hand held or ''Sunny 16''. Have always wanted one, seems the lens are well thought of.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW, I have a Wards am551 (rebadged Konica Auto S2) and it also works without a battery. It's a great camera!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    FWIW, I have a Wards am551 (rebadged Konica Auto S2) and it also works without a battery. It's a great camera!
    Thanks for your input bought the camera last night, looking forward to putting a roll through it

David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Konica S3 version and, while it will work without a battery (that is the shutter will fire), it shoots everything wide open. The ability to adjust it by setting a shutter speed and letting the meter choose the proper aperture is only possible with a battery. The good news is that for me, the simple re-soldering of a battery lead inside the camera made it work again after it had been discarded by a previous owner.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin