Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,633   Online: 763

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Here's what annoys me about the Leicaphiles. It's the attitude - that they're somehow special, more knowledgeable than non-Leica users. No, not all have this attitude, not even the majority. but enough do - and one clue is telling the rest of us that we're envious - or "childishly jealous" of their choice. Then there's the attitude that Leica is the best in every way, bar none, and if we can't see the difference, we're all dolts and don't matter.
    I've owned two M3s, a IIIg, and used an R3, some IIs and IIIs, and a CL. I know Leicas, have CLAd them, and know what the lenses can do. I use Nikons now, because I can afford them and they do things Leicas can't.
    I've never owned a Leica, but owning any camera doesn't make you a photographer, only an owner, any more than owning a Stradivarius makes you a violinist.
    In my experience most people own cameras that are better cameras than they are photographers, and I include myself in this
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-19-2013 at 10:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well ssaid Benji, I wish i were so eloquent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Yes , Leica can not ruin your photographs like a nikon , I agree.
    I used 5 III series Leica and a Leicaflex. There was no internet but seller of 50s to 80s camera journals and magazines. I had no photographer friends and working 16 hours a day 9AM to 1AM. So there was noone to Show my cameras. But surfing the 40 years of magazines , it apperared Leica was the best in 35mm. There was Ektar Linhof Shots , wollensaks , cooke , hasselblads and nikon lenses but best was Leica.

I am quite schocked when I saw Leica bashers here and the status symbol. No sir !
    A perfect example...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If Leica is Da Vinci , Japanese cameras are Da Vinci copy and the cheap one. Whenever I see a nikon shot and canon shot , I felt discust about the quality. Yes , they have a special signiture and it makes me like seeing a very ugly woman. Bokeh is too much , no detail in bokeh area , its like waving water , cheap look , colors are soulless , noise is like a pandemic illness on face , tonal values are not strong , lack of depth of field ,
    there is always a eye catching non sharp area in the Picture , no shadow or highlight detail , if there is one , other is not there etc etc. They are not for professionals , I am not talking about wedding photography.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I dont think that there is anything cheap about a lot of japanese cameras. Canon made one of the best Leica lenses out there, the .95 TV Lens "Dream". I played with one not long ago, and I reckon it does 99% of the Leica equivalent for 1/5 of the price second hand, Beautiful bokeh and creamy light...Yummy... I adore Fujis older products, and I am hoping to purchase a medium format GW tomorrow if it is still on the shelf. I will also admit I own a digital Fuji too, even though it is like a swear word in here.

What does it matter what he uses to shoot, so long as he does, I have only been a member here for a few days and haven't posted any of my works so I am in no position to complain about his apparent lack of doing so. But I can say this, Leica makes a really robust, compact reliable body and some of the best lenses in the business. They have been doing this since day dot. anyone who is shooting with a rangefinder camera must concede that without these roots their own japanese equivalents wouldn't exist as they are whether improved upon or not.

just get out there and shoot! By the way E Van Hoegh, I took my own advice, and made a pinhole today

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    They are not for professionals , I am not talking about wedding photography.

Sorry to disagree but you have a huge majority of professional photographers against you. Maybe you can teach them what is real professional photography and how they should use anything but Leica...
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only seen pictures of Leica cameras and they are very nice looking. If I suddenly came into a large sum of money I would buy a new car, I love my cameras and my dinky darkroom. My only paying shoot was a car show, got one of there t shirts as payment, which is what I asked for. I certainly have nothing against Leica owners and do not have a clue if they are better than my Nikon, Argus, Yashica, or Rollei. I have compared photos taken of the same subject at the same time and taken a digital at the same time. With my eyes I can not tell any difference. Lucky my only critics are my wife and daughters so I think I am pretty good:^) Just my 2 cents worth.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over and over again, it will never end will it?
    How many people more need to die because of religion?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Andreas, it really is the same argument isn't it.

Oneguy, your cameras sound great, I love Yashica and Rollei stuff, especially the TLR box stuff. Just make sure they get good use out of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Over and over again, it will never end will it?
    How many people more need to die because of religion?
    When one has faith (or is delusional) facts are superfluous.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin