Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,925   Online: 986

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The best rule of thumb for selling your own gear is to figure out how much you can get for it, then decide- if you didn't have it and it was available for that price, would you buy it? If the answer is no, then sell it. If yes then you should keep it.

I'd say that if you're strapped for cash and that's the reason to "release" some of your gear, then an educated decision needs to made which to get rid off. If, on another hand, this is not about getting purchasing power for some other needed gear, then I'd definitely keep it. Barring some new "disastrous" new development in imaging technology (digital was one) I think the market has leveled out and, if anything, most gear will improve in value from now looking forward.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is that this lens here? I had one and sold it when I needed money. Last time I checked they went for around 2x what I originally paid. I regret selling it: not too heavy, nice, round blades made for smooth out of focus areas, and it was great for both B&W and color.
    Those who know, shoot film

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin