Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,726   Online: 885

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The CL and CLE are not equivalent bodies. The CL spot meters while the CLE meters off averaging white spots on the shutter curtain (with flash metering during the exposure), which is very nice if you use flash. When you put the CLE in manual exposure mode, the meter doesn't work, and it's a kind of tricky slide switch to turn the meter on and off. The CL covers out to 40mm in the finder, while the CLE has finder lines for 28mm, and is lower magnification. The whole back slides off to change film on the CL and the CLE has a swing-open back. The CL takes a 625 battery in a slot with an edge contact that you can't change with film in the camera, so it's more work to sub new batteries, while the CLE takes two still-available MS76 or equivalent batteries.

Size and weight are about the same, but the shooting experience isn't that close. I personally prefer the CL, but that doesn't mean you will. I have used a number of the modern C/V Bessa bodies and lenses and like the T and the R3A (probably would have the R3M if I'd bought after it was announced) a lot. The CL and CLE are much quieter than the Bessas.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Just curious, why? He's got an M2.
    Bessa's have great meters.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Leica CL although not as branded compared to the Leica M bodies but some advantages are it is light and has a built in light meter with appropriate battery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin