Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,988   Online: 784

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta AL-F Easy Aperture Repair?

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I purchased a super-cool Minolta AL-F with lens cap and leather case for $10. I figure that I could just sell the lens-cap on a large auction site to get my money back, but if I could get this to work, I'd be the envy of all the hipsters in my village.

Problem is, the aperture blades seem to be set on something not wide-open, and not completely shut. I'd say it's something like 5.6 or 8, based on the size of the opening, but that's just a guess.

The meter does work, but doesn't seem to be controlling the aperture automatically as normal. So, I know it's not really worth a pro fix, but on the other hand, I'm considering it.

Is there a solution I could rig at home (other than using a 16lb hammer?)

Thanks!

- rwreich

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay, so 47 views and no answers;~)

... I guess it's time for the 16lb hammer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You'll very likely need to at least partially disassemble the lens and clean the aperture blades with lighter fluid. I'm not familiar with how that camera is set up, but if you post a couple pictures of the lens assembly from the front and back showing the aperture blades and as much detail of the lens assembly as you can, it might be possible to at least make an educated guess as to how to start.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin