Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,400   Online: 1066

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, that Leica quality control - suspect :rolleyes: .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey, Did I hear something about one of the big names coming out with an all manual rangefinder that used the old pentax screw mount? Anybody have any info / opinions on this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise
    Hey, Did I hear something about one of the big names coming out with an all manual rangefinder that used the old pentax screw mount? Anybody have any info / opinions on this?
    Stephen Gandy has some adapters made that work with Leica M mount rangefinders, and take Nikon F/AI/AIS/AF, Leica R, Contax/Yashica (RTS), Olympus OM, Pentax K & M42 Lenses. There's a cam on the adapter that you use for rangefinding, then transfer that reading to the scale on the SLR lens. Best at further distances and smaller apertures I'd guess, but they focus to infinity. The rangefinding scale on the adapter looks like it's "expanded" more than a normal lens, to get somewhat better accuracy on the readout.

See: http://cameraquest.com/adaptslrRFM.htm

Could that be what you heard about?

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    No, it was an actual camera. Made by Cosina perhaps?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Bessa R uses Leica 39mm screw lenses, but I have not heard of anything that uses Pentax screw.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brad,

Is this Cosina 42 mm screw-mount SLR what you were thinking of?

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

regarding range finder

I have my first rangefinder it is a Bessa II, Voigtlander, circa 1950's. It was a great buy and the fact that it folds up is wonderful. If you go tis route look for one with the color skopar lense.
    as a 120 that is 6x9, you only get 8 shots but i find that I am much more specific/intentional in my shooting, which means one slows down...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    Brad,

Is this Cosina 42 mm screw-mount SLR what you were thinking of?

Best,
    Helen
    Ahhh, yes. That must be it....Thanks!

Brad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by binjones
    I have my first rangefinder it is a Bessa II, Voigtlander, circa 1950's. It was a great buy and the fact that it folds up is wonderful. If you go tis route look for one with the color skopar lense.
    as a 120 that is 6x9, you only get 8 shots but i find that I am much more specific/intentional in my shooting, which means one slows down...

I saw one of these on the B&H website about a month ago. I think they wanted about $750 for it.

They guy who runs Certo6.com noted on his price list that the color-skopar lens Bessa II's were fairly pricy too.

Supposed to be a sweet toy, though.

Matt

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin