Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,037   Online: 783

Thread: Minolta Uniomat

Shooter
    35mm RF

Minolta Uniomat

anyone have experience using the Minolta Uniomat?
    It's an old RF from the 60's. It's being brought down to me by pony express.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the Ansco branded version, the Anscoset. The shutter/aperture are permanently coupled - you can set only EV which varies both aperture and shutter speed. It's got a really long wind stroke. Front element focusing 45mm f/2.8 lens. Anything in particular you wish to know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An excellent camera. I have one. Top shutter speed of 1/1000 on a leaf shutter is quite remarkable. The shutter is made by Citizen in Japan and the lens is a Rokkor. Down side is that exposure can only be set using EV settings and perhaps that long wind stroke ( I have big hands and it doesn't bother me).

That fast shutter speed is achieved by the shutter only opening to the extent of the iris diaphragm - at 1/1000 shutter speed, the aperture is quite small.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for replys Red

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sure do like this gem! I've been clicking along nearly three weeks now. At first I worried the weight might be a handicap but no . This is another handy camera from Minolta, a bit different than later offerings, but that and its ease of operation makes it a keeper . Worthy of any collection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin