Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,438   Online: 858

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any good CLA experiences in The Netherlands, Europe? I have a Nikon F4s and a Nikon F5 that died on me after 5 years of not using but laying in a case without batteries. No respons at all with fresh batteries, while my Nikon F801 works fine with these new batteries.

Bert from Holland
    Http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Miles Whitehead in the UK has always provided me with good service at very reasonable prices. Not rangefinders for me but Various Film SLRs and Large Format Shutters including a very nice Betax 2 he CLAd for me recently for a very reasonable total cost including return postage of £36.
    I have an Exakta Varex II that is in dire need of a CLA - do you have contact details for Miles Whitehead, by any chance?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    I have an Exakta Varex II that is in dire need of a CLA - do you have contact details for Miles Whitehead, by any chance?
    http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Olympus Repair

www.zuiko.com

I have had a couple of cameras and one lens cla'd. You will hear great things about John if you search but be prepared to wait 6+ weeks for your repair to be completed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any suggestions for a Olympus 35RC? I'd send it to zuiko.com, but his website says he doesn't service these anymore.

I'm in Denver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jhgnag View Post
    Any suggestions for a Olympus 35RC? I'd send it to zuiko.com, but his website says he doesn't service these anymore.

I'm in Denver.
    Frank Marshman did quite a job on my Konica S3...if you don't mind shipping to VA I bet he'd do your 35RC up pretty good at a reasonable rate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ray*j*gun View Post
    Plus one for Youxin Ye..... hes the best value out there for Barnacks. I have never used him for an M but I hear he is great with them as well.
    +5 for Youxin, great servicing and fast turnaround. I have an M4 serviced by him, as well as a IIIf. Both work very well.

The guy I work for also has lots of Leica gear and between the 2 of us, we've a fair amount of experience with Youxin. Not every servicing incident has been 100 percent perfect at first but he is extremely easy to work with when sorting out and correcting issues. Really nice guy and you simply can't beat the fast turnaround.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by powasky View Post
    All in all, Mr. Marshman's services were excellent. He worked hard to return my camera to original condition and communicated well with me during the process. He didn't leave a single mar or mark on my camera from opening or adjusting.

I would not hesitate to send a camera to Mr. Marshman again. His work was top-notch and reasonably priced.

I hope from this comment (and others), that Frank has gotten over whatever troubles he was encountering. I had him work on a number of cameras about 5+ years ago, and his cost and turnaround time were both great. Then a series of problems started - cameras would be gone for months, it would come back without being fixed, etc. The last straw was three tries to fix the shutter on a Chrome Six. After no improvement at all, I finally got tired of sending it back to him. SK Grimes fixed it up perfectly the first time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is an amazing idea for a thread! I'm surely going to look back at this when it's time to take my cameras in for a CLA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mentioned it on another thread, but for Melbourne Australia Shutter Box in Camberwell is a very good place for a thorough CLA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin