Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,530   Online: 813

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting, I will keep that in mind.. thank you for sharing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    See what Hasselblad/Fuji say about repairs. If they say it cannot be repaired in the event of failure, then you just have to consider whether you want to have a camera that expensive that cannot be repaired.

In the event it fails, you can either sell the lenses or buy another body.

It's possible that it fails, and *is* repairable, if not by Hasselblad.

There is always insurance that you could consider.

Shooter
    35mm
    Guys, guys, guys! The Xpan ROCKS! It's the best camera on earth, IMO. The viewfinder fits my eyesight and vision so well I could think it was made expressly for me. Fortunately, I am not the only one to think like that. It's a camera made by Geniuses. And it handles so nice: it's totally seamless. I prefer it to my Leica MPs. Here are a few 16x20 prints I made on my Focomat IIc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rff-1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	69798
    Last edited by NB23; 06-06-2013 at 07:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you pick up a Widelux for less money to see if you will really use a panorama camera. Then you can sell the Widelux and decide whether or not to buy the X-Pan.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Guys, guys, guys! The Xpan ROCKS! It's the best camera on earth, IMO. The viewfinder fits my eyesight and vision so well I could think it was made expressly for me. Fortunately, I am not the only one to think like that. It's a camera made by Geniuses. And it handles so nice: it's totally seamless. I prefer it to my Leica MPs. Here are a few 16x20 prints I made on my Focomat IIc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rff-1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	69798
    I suppose you mean 16X20 equivalent magnification, as in the short side is 16?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    printed on 16x20 fb paper. The width of the image is about 19". Centered on the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hell of a picture, man!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like my recent purchase of a Xpan and 45mm lens. I wasn't comfortable at first with the $1600 price tag either but you will get over it once you see the wide negative as it comes out of the final rinse.
    It is still less expensive then most of the German rangefinders and other high end film panoramic cameras. It is probably more durable then the Widelux,Noblex, and Horizon, because it has less moving parts. The 90mm is not cheap but is attainable if you save a little, the real bummer is the expense of the 30mm lens. It would be nice if the lenses had a bit more speed to them but they are medium format and have there physical limitations.
    If it turns out you do not care for it you can always resell it for about what you paid for it. I think film cameras have dropped as far as they will in value, after the rise of digital. The mass market stuff is really cheap now and a lot of the higher end equipment has dropped enough in value the rest of us can afford to purchase them 2nd hand now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Hell of a picture, man!
    Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everybody for your contribution: in the end I have ordered a mint Hasselblad XPan +45mm lens on eBay and I am looking forward to get it and insert the first roll!!

But now other two questions came to my mind
    - Since the lens is relatively slow, would you suggest 400 iso film for street photography, or can one "dare" to use a 100 iso film?
    - I am thinking of buying the 90mm lens as well for "unusual" portrait photography with panoramic format: do you also have such lens, and how much do you use it in comparison with the 45mm?

As usual, thanks for the feedback!
    Nico

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin