Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,724   Online: 797

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Are you getting the center filter for the lens? I would get one, without hesitation. That will slow the lens down even further. You can still hand-hold shots using 100 speed film, but it will depend on the lighting conditions you have when you're doing your street photos. I'd also look around for the lens shade for the 45. With such a wide field of view, it's more likely to have some sun or other light source(s) in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Honestly, I have thought of buying the center filter for the 45mm, but I still haven't made up my mind. Mainly for two reasons: crazy prices for that filter, and forum threads with different opinions about its necessity (like here http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...p/t-25091.html). I think I will try out a couple of films and then decide.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I shot a couple rolls without it, and while the vignetting is not terrible, I found it detracted enough that I really wanted the filter. Otherwise I was doing some strange burn/dodge patterns to compensate. It detracts from more compositions than it complements, in my experience. I know the filter price is nuts (it was even when you could get them new from Hasselblad/Fuji).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Guys, guys, guys! The Xpan ROCKS! It's the best camera on earth, IMO. The viewfinder fits my eyesight and vision so well I could think it was made expressly for me. Fortunately, I am not the only one to think like that. It's a camera made by Geniuses. And it handles so nice: it's totally seamless. I prefer it to my Leica MPs. Here are a few 16x20 prints I made on my Focomat IIc.

Attachment 69798
    Great shot!

Is this the 45 or 30 lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks.

It's the 45mm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin