Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,249   Online: 1066

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

WHAT ARE THESE LENSES WORTH TODAY?

New member here. What is a fair price ( both to buyer and seller ) for the following LTM lenses:

1954 red scale Elmar 50/3.5 with Valoo sunshade/diaphragm actuating ring. Caps.

1957 Elmar 50/2.8. Caps.

195? Konishiroku collapsable Hexar 50/3.5 ( allegedly very rare )

All lenses are EXC+ ( and I rate very conservatively ).
    Last edited by silverfan; 06-15-2013 at 01:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add lens condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can find the true market value of lenses by doing a completed auctions search on Ebay. Take out the top price and the bottom price and you are left with a fair indication of what people are willing to pay. Add 60% to the price for dealer prices. This method removes 'expectations', hopes and dreams and out of date prices.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only way you can find what they are worth is to try and sell them, they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them in the open market.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Become a subscriber and list them here and find out.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Become a subscriber and list them here and find out.
    He just did...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    but if you don't want the philosophy -- if you went on the market today to buy those two Leica lenses you could expect to pay, probably, in the $400 range for either one of them. The red scale is the last of that range in screw mount and considered desirable, and the 2.8 elmar is also desirable since it is faster and was made later in the lifespan of the lens. I have one of each of these -- nice lenses -- so I've kept my eye out on sales and asking prices and so forth.

Dunno about the third. See if one is listed at KEH Camera Brokers. Not being a leica lens, it will be less.

Dealers will pay you 2/3 of those prices because they gotta make a living. Sell them on eBay you walk into the snakepit. Caveat emptor!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    He just did...
    The OP isn't a subscriber, so he can't.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to all of you so far, particularly to Summicron 1. The Hexar is being offered by a guy in Britain for $1300 plus shipping - I think that's a ridiculous sum ( and I understand he hasn't had any takers in the couple of years he's had the ad up ), but I'm trying to get an idea of what a more reasonable and achievable price would be for it. Anyone know much about this lens; its alleged rarity and an idea of what a fair price might be?

Silverfan

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe the non-Leica lens may be a Komura.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I believe the non-Leica lens may be a Komura.

Sorry, chip j - the lens was made by Konishiroku - better known as Konica- sometime around the mid-1950's. It's a collapsable lens like the LTM Elmar 3.5, but it has click stops like the LTM Elmar f2.8 ( although a few late 3.5 Elmars did have click stops and an E39 filter thread ). The Hexar is a classic 4 element design like the Tessar and Elmar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin