Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,366   Online: 740

Thread: Argus C2 PArts?

Shooter
    Large Format

Argus C2 PArts?

Is there a place I can get parts for an Argus C2? I'm looking for the little screw/stud that holds on the aperture scale on the front of the lens. just need one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Go to a thrift store and pick up a broken point and shoot. You should be able to find at least one screw that will fit. That's what I would do.

Shooter
    Large Format
    All those screws would be metric. No good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would be looking online for a small assortment of small SAE screws.
    Edit. Until then, if it is the dial on the front of the lens, and if it is a simple thin metal plate, I would use Testors Cement for Wood Models, which is what I use for these sorts of purposes. Holds pretty well, and can be later removed when the right screw comes along.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 06-18-2013 at 09:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think your best bet would be to find another C2 or C3 (they're almost identical cameras), and either swap the entire lens, or just take the screw you need, off the "parts" camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I think your best bet would be to find another C2 or C3 (they're almost identical cameras), and either swap the entire lens, or just take the screw you need, off the "parts" camera.
    I think thats what I'll do. I'm heading to a sap meat this weekend and they have always had cameras so I'll poke around there too

Shooter
    Large Format
    Delete, duplicate post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check with the Argus Collector's Group, they are all things Argus, they have helped me several times. I also have a box full of C-3 parts and I think they use the same lens. Let me know and I will see if I can find one. They are great little cameras and might surprise you with the results.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm its been about a year since taken one of these lens apart, not sure exactly what you need. But I have a lens which I think is complete but the aperture is not adjusting with the ring. Its yours if you need it.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin